Tuesday 2017.01.17 ^
- Benjamin Franklin's Birthday. (1706.01.17-1790.04.17). Yearly.
- Day to remember the great early American scientist, thinker and statesman. Franklin is remembered for his Poor Richard's Almanac, the discovery of the electrical nature of lightning leading to the invention of the lightning rod, and for his political activities in pre and post-revolutionary America. Born in Boston MA, one of thirteen children of a puritan family, died in Philadelphia. Because Franklin recommended thrift, some schools start a Thrift Week on his birthday.
- Chi Hack Night. Tuesdays All ages. Free 6-10p.
- "Volunteers create web apps with open data to improve transparency, efficiency, and decision-making for governments and our democracy."
1871, 222 W. Merchandise Mart Plaza. 12th Floor.
- Kris Kristofferson. -Wednesday 21+ All sold out. 8p.
City Winery, 312-733-WINE, 1200 W Randolph.
- Chicago Underground Comedy. Tuesdays 21+ $5 Doors 9p.
- "The Hippest, Hottest Stand-Up Showcase to Emerge in Years" +good menu & booze.
Beat Kitchen, 773/281-4444, 2100 W Belmont.
MAP PHOTOS FIND EVENTS INFO SHARE
- Proper Drum&Bass. Tuesdays 21+ Free 9p-2a.
- 01.17: Moving Shadow vs Suburban Base With Zebo, Misfit, Lamebrane, Phantom 45, Strikthrough, Form.
Debonair Social Club, 773/227-7990, 1575 N Milwaukee. At North and Damen.
MAP PHOTOS SHARE
- Ice Skating. -2017.02.28 Yearly.
- Weather permitting: Wrigley Field; Millennium Park, 312/742-5222, 55 N Michigan; Warren Park, 773/262-8656, 6601 N Western; Riis Park, 312/746-5735, 6100 W Fullerton; Daley Plaza, 312/742-7650, 337 E Randolph; more...
PHOTOS INFO SHARE
- Different rock, experimental, jazz, ethnic bands almost every night. 21+ $?
- Metro / SmartBar, 773/549-0203, 3730 N Clark, Near Red Line Addison stop, metrochicago.com
Darkroom, 773/276-1411, 2210 W Chicago, darkroombar.com
Double Door, 773/489-3160, 1572 N Milwaukee, Wicker Park near Blue line Damen stop, doubledoor.com
Empty Bottle, 773/276-3600, 1035 N Western, dive-ish, emptybottle.com
Martyrs', 773/404-9494, 3855 N Lincoln, martyrslive.com
Ravinia, 847/266-5100, Highland Pk, ravinia.org
TICKETS PHOTOS FIND INFO SHARE
- Now playing.
- 20th Century Women, Hidden Figures, Passengers, Star Wars Rogue One, Jackie, Bad Santa 2, Rules Don't Apply, A Street Cat Named Bob, Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, Officer Downe, Arrival, The Love Witch, Doctor Strange, Trolls, ...
TIMES MAP INFO SHARE
- WAY too much great theater and comedy and dance to cover.
- Pickup Reader and NewCity and TimeOut magazines.
Hundreds of city locations.
MAP INFO SHARE
- Dance Chicago (since 1995). -2017.02.14 Yearly. All ages. $25+ Various times. 8:15p.
- 100s of performers, 100s of works.
Athenaeum Theatre, 773/935-6875, 2936 N Southport.
MAP TICKETS INFO SHARE