Monday 2017.02.20 ^
- * Presidents Day. Legal holiday. 3rd Monday in February Yearly.
- Observes the birthdays of George Washington and Abraham Lincoln. Schools and government offices closed. Sales at major retail stores. Popular museum day.
PHOTOS INFO SHARE
- Louder Than A Bomb (since 2001). -2017.03.16 Yearly. All ages. $? 6p.
- Young Chicago Authors present, renowned Chicago Teen Poetry Festival.
MAP TICKETS FIND EVENTS INFO SHARE
- Pron and Chicken Dance Party. Mondays 21+ $? 10p-?a.
- "A safe haven for all things lewd & crude, lascivious & licentious."
02.20: Dead Presidents Banger!
evilOlive, 773/235-9100, 1551 W Division.
- Black History Month (since 1926). -2017.02.28 Yearly.
- February contains the birthdays of Abraham Lincoln and abolitionist Frederick Douglass. This holiday recognizes the achievements and contributions of African Americans. Observed with special events and exhibits at many cultural institutions, especially the Chicago Cultural Center, H.W.Library, Dusable Museum, and South Shore Cultural Center.
- Different rock, experimental, jazz, ethnic bands almost every night. 21+ $?
- Metro / SmartBar, 773/549-0203, 3730 N Clark, Near Red Line Addison stop, metrochicago.com
Darkroom, 773/276-1411, 2210 W Chicago, darkroombar.com
Double Door, 773/489-3160, 1572 N Milwaukee, Wicker Park near Blue line Damen stop, doubledoor.com
Empty Bottle, 773/276-3600, 1035 N Western, dive-ish, emptybottle.com
Martyrs', 773/404-9494, 3855 N Lincoln, martyrslive.com
Ravinia, 847/266-5100, Highland Pk, ravinia.org
TICKETS PHOTOS FIND INFO SHARE
- Ice Skating. -2017.02.28 Yearly.
- Weather permitting: Wrigley Field; Millennium Park, 312/742-5222, 55 N Michigan; Warren Park, 773/262-8656, 6601 N Western; Riis Park, 312/746-5735, 6100 W Fullerton; Daley Plaza, 312/742-7650, 337 E Randolph; more...
PHOTOS INFO SHARE
- Now playing.
- Kedi, LEGO Batman, The Space Between Us, The Founder, xXx: Return of Xander Cage, 20th Century Women, Hidden Figures, Passengers, Star Wars Rogue One, Jackie, Bad Santa 2, Rules Don't Apply, A Street Cat Named Bob, Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, Officer Downe, Arrival, The Love Witch, Doctor Strange, ...
TIMES MAP INFO SHARE
- Rhinoceros Theater Festival (since 1989). -2017.02.25 Yearly. $15+ Various days and times.
- Showcase of experimental new plays.
Prop Theatre, 773/267-0666, 3502 N Elston.
MAP PHOTOS EVENTS INFO SHARE
- WAY too much great theater and comedy and dance to cover.
- Pickup Reader and NewCity and TimeOut magazines.
Hundreds of city locations.
MAP INFO SHARE
- Chicago Auto Show (since 1901). -2017.02.20 Yearly. All ages. $0-12+ 10a-10p.
- Largest show in the U.S. of the leading killer of kids. Antiques, advanced power systems, sports stars and cheerleaders, greenwashing, million dollar super-cars and other grotesquely over-compensating monuments to mammon and sloth.
McCormick Place, 312/791-7000, 2301 S Lake Shore Drive. Red line to Cermak, then bus east.
MAP PHOTOS FIND EVENTS INFO SHARE