Tuesday 2017.02.28 ^
- Carnival. -Tuesday Yearly.
- Three days of festivities culminating on Mardi Gras. Christian in origin, it is the Sunday, Monday and Tuesday (Mardi Gras) preceding Ash Wednesday.
PHOTOS INFO SHARE
- Mardi Gras. Yearly.
- French for Fat Tuesday. Christian in origin it is the last day of the period of Carnival preceding Ash Wednesday. The name has come to represent the entire carnival period. Celebrated on a large scale in New Orleans, Rio de Janeiro, and Nice. Observed with Cajun music, costumes, parades and dancing and beads.
- Chi Hack Night. Tuesdays All ages. Free 6-10p.
- "Volunteers create web apps with open data to improve transparency, efficiency, and decision-making for governments and our democracy."
1871, 222 W. Merchandise Mart Plaza. 12th Floor.
- Louder Than A Bomb (since 2001). -2017.03.16 Yearly. All ages. $? 6p.
- Young Chicago Authors present, renowned Chicago Teen Poetry Festival.
MAP TICKETS FIND EVENTS INFO SHARE
- Chicago Underground Comedy. Tuesdays 21+ $5 Doors 9p.
- "The Hippest, Hottest Stand-Up Showcase to Emerge in Years" +good menu & booze.
Beat Kitchen, 773/281-4444, 2100 W Belmont.
MAP PHOTOS FIND EVENTS INFO SHARE
- Proper Drum&Bass. Tuesdays 21+ Free 9p-2a.
- 02.28: DJs Intel, Audiophlex, Misfit, Lamebrane, Midway.
Debonair Social Club, 773/227-7990, 1575 N Milwaukee. At North and Damen.
MAP PHOTOS SHARE
- Black History Month (since 1926). -2017.02.28 Yearly.
- February contains the birthdays of Abraham Lincoln and abolitionist Frederick Douglass. This holiday recognizes the achievements and contributions of African Americans. Observed with special events and exhibits at many cultural institutions, especially the Chicago Cultural Center, H.W.Library, Dusable Museum, and South Shore Cultural Center.
- Different rock, experimental, jazz, ethnic bands almost every night. 21+ $?
- Metro / SmartBar, 773/549-0203, 3730 N Clark, Near Red Line Addison stop, metrochicago.com
Darkroom, 773/276-1411, 2210 W Chicago, darkroombar.com
Double Door, 773/489-3160, 1572 N Milwaukee, Wicker Park near Blue line Damen stop, doubledoor.com
Empty Bottle, 773/276-3600, 1035 N Western, dive-ish, emptybottle.com
Martyrs', 773/404-9494, 3855 N Lincoln, martyrslive.com
Ravinia, 847/266-5100, Highland Pk, ravinia.org
TICKETS PHOTOS FIND INFO SHARE
- Ice Skating. -2017.02.28 Yearly.
- Weather permitting: Wrigley Field; Millennium Park, 312/742-5222, 55 N Michigan; Warren Park, 773/262-8656, 6601 N Western; Riis Park, 312/746-5735, 6100 W Fullerton; Daley Plaza, 312/742-7650, 337 E Randolph; more...
PHOTOS INFO SHARE
- Now playing.
- Kedi, LEGO Batman, The Space Between Us, The Founder, xXx: Return of Xander Cage, 20th Century Women, Hidden Figures, Passengers, Star Wars Rogue One, Jackie, Bad Santa 2, Rules Don't Apply, A Street Cat Named Bob, Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, Officer Downe, Arrival, The Love Witch, Doctor Strange, ...
TIMES MAP INFO SHARE
- WAY too much great theater and comedy and dance to cover.
- Pickup Reader and NewCity and TimeOut magazines.
Hundreds of city locations.
MAP INFO SHARE