Thursday 2013.12.05 ^
- Big C Jamboree (since 1991). 1st Thursdays 21+ Free 9:30p-?a.
- Longest running local Rockabilly night. Multiple bands perform 40s-50s style swing, blues, rock-n-roll, swiftly and simply to a jumpin party crowd, many in period getups.
Martyrs', 773/404-9494, 3855 N Lincoln.
MAP TICKETS FIND EVENTS INFO SHARE
- * A Klingon Christmas Carol. -2013.12.30 Yearly. $20-35.
- "Scrooge has no honor, nor any courage. Can three ghosts help him to become the true warrior he ought to be in time to save Tiny Tim from a horrible fate? Performed in the Original Klingon with English Supertitles, and narrative analysis from The Vulcan Institute of Cultural Anthropology."
Raven Theatre, 773/338-2177, 6157 N Clark.
- Collected Holiday Songs, Recipes and Stories. -2013.12.30 Yearly. All ages. Free.
- Check out this terrific comprehensive set of popular holiday songs, recipes and stories.
PHOTOS INFO SHARE
- * Hanukkah (aka Chanukah). A Jewish holiday, lasts eight days. -2013.12.05 Yearly. Sunset to sunset.
- Marks the reconsecration of the temple of Jerusalem and the miracle of the lamp.
- HOLIDAY CLASSICS. -2014.01.03 Yearly. All ages.
- * A Christmas Carol: 11.16-12.28 Goodman Theatre, 312/443-3800, 200 S Columbus, http://goodmantheatre.org
* The Nutcracker: 12.06-28 Joffrey Ballet, Auditorium Theatre, 312/431-2357, 50 E Congress, http://www.joffrey.com
* Breakfast with Santa: for 94th floor visitors, certain December days/times, and "Skating in the Sky" (synthetic ice rink 1000' up) Jan-Apr. John Hancock Center Observatory, 312/751-3681, 875 N Michigan, http://jhochicago.com
* Christmas Around The World: 11.14-01.05 Dozens of spectacular International holiday decorated trees, Museum of Science and Industry, http://msichicago.org
* Zoolights: 11.23-01.05 Over a million lights, certain dates/times, Lincoln Park Zoo, http://lpzoo.com
PHOTOS INFO SHARE
- Ice Skating. -2014.02.24 Yearly.
- Weather permitting: Wrigley Field; Millennium Park, 312/742-5222, 55 N Michigan; Warren Park, 773/262-8656, 6601 N Western; Riis Park, 312/746-5735, 6100 W Fullerton; Daley Plaza, 312/742-7650, 337 E Randolph; more...
PHOTOS INFO SHARE
- Christkindlmarket (since 1997). Festive German style holiday market. -2013.12.24 Yearly. All ages. Free Su-Th -8p, Fr+Sa -9p 11a.
- 50 Timber cabins, ethnic foods, fine crafted gifts, music, sweets.
Daley Plaza, 312/744-3370, 50 W Washington. Washington and Dearborn.
MAP PHOTOS EVENTS INFO SHARE
- Winter Wonderfest (since 2001). -2014.01.12 Yearly. All ages. $10-17+ Hours vary.
- Festival Hall will be transformed into a winter wonderland featuring hundreds of lush decorated trees, sparkling lights, wintertime decorations and a main town square with vending. Includes ice rink, large inflatable slide/bungee games. Santa and elves listen to children's wishes in a mountain top village.
Navy Pier, 312/222-9328, 600 E Grand.
MAP PHOTOS FIND EVENTS INFO SHARE
- Different rock, experimental, jazz, ethnic bands almost every night. 21+ $?
- Metro / SmartBar, 773/549-0203, 3730 N Clark, Near Red Line Addison stop, metrochicago.com
Darkroom, 773/276-1411, 2210 W Chicago, darkroombar.com
Double Door, 773/489-3160, 1572 N Milwaukee, Wicker Park near Blue line Damen stop, doubledoor.com
Empty Bottle, 773/276-3600, 1035 N Western, dive-ish, emptybottle.com
Martyrs', 773/404-9494, 3855 N Lincoln, martyrslive.com
Ravinia, 847/266-5100, Highland Pk, ravinia.org
TICKETS PHOTOS FIND INFO SHARE
- Now playing.
- Thor: The Dark World, Ender's Game, Free Birds, Last Vegas, Bad Grandpa, Escape Plan, Gravity, The World's End, Drinking Buddies, Jobs, Kick-Ass 2, Elysium, Planes, We're the Millers, The Wolverine, R.I.P.D., Red 2, Grown Ups 2, Pacific Rim, ...
TIMES MAP INFO SHARE
- WAY too much great theater and comedy and dance to cover.
- Pickup Reader and NewCity and TimeOut magazines.
Hundreds of city locations.
MAP INFO SHARE