Terse Calendar All
- Chinese New Years (4716). Dog. Yearly. UNCONFIRMED
- Also New Years for some other lunar calendar cultures (traditional Japan, Korea, Vietnam). Observed with 14 days of joyous festivities and niceness. Date varies each year. Second new moon after winter solstice.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinese_New_Year PHOTOS INFO SHARE
- Ice Skating. -2019.02.27 Yearly. UNCONFIRMED
- Weather permitting: Wrigley Field, 773-388-8260; Millennium Park, 312/742-5222, 55 N Michigan; Warren Park, 773/262-8656, 6601 N Western; Riis Park, 312/746-5735, 6100 W Fullerton; Daley Plaza, 312/742-7650, 337 E Randolph; more...
chicagoparkdistrict.com/facilities/ice-rinks PHOTOS INFO SHARE
- Chicago Auto Show (since 1901). -2019.02.19 Yearly. All ages. $0-12+ 10a-10p UNCONFIRMED
- Largest show in the U.S. of the leading killer of kids. Antiques, advanced power systems, sports stars and cheerleaders, greenwashing, million dollar super-cars and other grotesquely over-compensating monuments to mammon and sloth.
chicagoautoshow.comMcCormick Place, 312/791-7000, 2301 S Lake Shore Drive. Red line to Cermak, then bus east.
mccormickplace.com MAP PHOTOS FIND EVENTS INFO SHARE
- College of Complexes (since 1951). "The Playground for People Who Think" Saturdays All ages. $3? 2.5hrs 6-11p UNCONFIRMED
- Structured Weekly Free Speech Forum With Quality Lecturers and Good American Food And Bar.
312/326-2120 collegeofcomplexes.orgDappers East Restaurant, 773/509-9100, 2901 W. Addison.
facebook.com/Dappers-Restaurant-East-111805538856448 MAP PHOTOS EVENTS INFO SHARE
- "Twisted" Saturdays 21+ $0 -11p, $5 -1a, $7+ 9:30p-5a.
- "Meet and mingle with a truly diverse crowd. Dress up or dress down... this is the place to be what you want to be!"
Berlin, 773/348-4975, 954 W Belmont. Near Red line Belmont stop.
berlinchicago.com MAP PHOTOS FIND EVENTS INFO SHARE
- Vaudezilla! Saturdays 18+ $20 10:30p UNCONFIRMED
- One-of-a-kind burlesque, drag, and aerial acts ranging from classic Vegas-style showgirls to cutting-edge gender-non-conforming performance artists.
Vaudezilla.comStage 773, 773/327-5252, 1225 W. Belmont. Near Racine.
stage773.com MAP INFO SHARE
- Black History Month (since 1926). -2019.02.28 Yearly.
- February contains the birthdays of Abraham Lincoln and abolitionist Frederick Douglass. This holiday recognizes the achievements and contributions of African Americans. Observed with special events and exhibits at many cultural institutions, especially the Chicago Cultural Center, H.W.Library, Dusable Museum, and South Shore Cultural Center.
blackvoices.com INFO SHARE
- Now playing.
- The Happy Prince, Heavy Trip, A Star Is Born, Venom, Little Women, Night School, Fahrenheit 11/9, Colette, House with Clock in Walls, Hal, The Predator, The Happytime Murders, The Wife, Juliet Naked, Alpha, Christopher Robin, The Spy Who Dumped Me, Mission Impossible: Fallout, Teen Titans Go!, Generation Wealth, Shock and Awe, Skyscraper, Ant-Man and the Wasp, Sorry to Bother You, ...
bedno.com/movies TIMES MAP INFO SHARE
- Rhinoceros Theater Festival (since 1989). -2019.02.25 Yearly. $15+ Various days and times. UNCONFIRMED
- Showcase of experimental new plays.
rhinofest.comProp Theatre, 773/267-0666, 3502 N Elston.
curioustheatrebranch.com MAP PHOTOS EVENTS INFO SHARE
- WAY too much great theater and comedy and dance to cover.
- Pickup Reader and NewCity and TimeOut magazines.
Hundreds of city locations.
MAP INFO SHARE