Events on Date v|
Sunday 2017.04.23 ^
- CIMMfest (since 2009). -Sunday Yearly.
- "Chicago International Movies & Music Festival - a multi-day showcase of outstanding films, energetic concerts, visually stunning VJ/DJ sets, lively Q&A's, daring live score performances - anything showing what movies and music mean to each other."
Various venues and times., Wicker Park.
- * Comic and Entertainment Expo. -Sunday Yearly. All ages. $$.
- Dozen of special guests.
McCormick Place, 2301 S Lake Shore.
MAP TICKETS PHOTOS SHARE
- Talk Like Shakespeare Day. Yearly. All ages. Free.
- Actually proclaimed, also observes the bard's birthday.
- Wolff's Flea Market (since 1991). Sundays -2017.10.29 Yearly. All ages. $1 Most weeks. 6a-3p.
- 500 market spaces. Clean, comprehensive, entertaining, with free parking, food and restrooms.
Allstate Arena, 847/635-6601, 6920 Mannheim Rd, Rosemont.
MAP TICKETS PHOTOS EVENTS INFO SHARE
- Model Rocket Launching (since 1963). Monthly. All ages. Free 2-5p.
- Deeply validates geekness. All skill levels. BYOL (Bring Your Own Launcher). Northern Illinois Rocketry Association hosted. Held away from population centers, only a few launches a year.
East Branch Forest Preserve, Off Glen Ellyn Road near Army Trail Road, Glendale Heights. Use I-355.
MAP PHOTOS EVENTS INFO SHARE
- New Fox cartoons. Sundays All ages. Free 6:30p.
- May include Simpsons, Family Guy, Bob's Burgers, Son of Zorn, more.
TIMES MAP PHOTOS INFO SHARE
- "Adult Swim" Sundays All ages. Free 10p-12a.
- Extraordinary block of popular and leading-edge absurdist cartoonage.
TOON. On cable.
TIMES MAP INFO SHARE
- Purple Reign. 21+ Free 10p-4a.
- Tribute to Prince (following the Revolution concert at Metro).
Berlin, 773/348-4975, 954 W Belmont. Near Red line Belmont stop.
MAP PHOTOS FIND EVENTS INFO SHARE
- Sox home games. -2017.09.25.
- Fr 4.21: Indians 7:10p
Sa 4.22: Indians 6:10p
Su 4.23: Indians 1:10p
Mo 4.24: Royals 7:10p
Tu 4.25: Royals 7:10p
We 4.26: Royals 1:10p.
Guaranteed Rate Field, 312/674-1000, 333 W 35th St.
MAP TICKETS PHOTOS FIND EVENTS INFO SHARE
- * Passover. A most important Jewish festival. -Tuesday Yearly. Sunset to sunset. UNCONFIRMED
- Commemorates the freeing of Israel from Egyptian slavery in the 13th century BC. Observed for one week with no leavened breads (Matzo) and no work on the first and last days. Celebrated the first two days with Seder festal meals. The symbols are explained and the Exodus story is retold through readings of the Haggadah. Date varies widely each year. See the 1956 masterpiece "Ten Commandments" starring Charleton Heston.
PHOTOS INFO SHARE
- Different rock, experimental, jazz, ethnic bands almost every night. 21+ $?
- Metro / SmartBar, 773/549-0203, 3730 N Clark, Near Red Line Addison stop, metrochicago.com
Darkroom, 773/276-1411, 2210 W Chicago, darkroombar.com
Double Door, 773/489-3160, 1572 N Milwaukee, Wicker Park near Blue line Damen stop, doubledoor.com
Empty Bottle, 773/276-3600, 1035 N Western, dive-ish, emptybottle.com
Martyrs', 773/404-9494, 3855 N Lincoln, martyrslive.com
Ravinia, 847/266-5100, Highland Pk, ravinia.org
TICKETS PHOTOS FIND INFO SHARE
- Latino Film Festival (since 1985). Over 100 screenings. -2017.05.04 Yearly. All ages. $10+ Various times.
TIMES MAP INFO SHARE
- Now playing.
- A Quiet Passion, The Fate of the Furious, The Student, Colossal, Ghost in the Shell, Power Rangers, Beauty and the Beast, Trainspotting 2, Kong: Skull Island, My Scientology Movie, Contemporary Color, Logan, Table 19, The Shack, Kedi, LEGO Batman, The Space Between Us, The Founder, xXx: Return of Xander Cage, 20th Century Women, Hidden Figures, Passengers, ...
TIMES MAP INFO SHARE
- STD Awareness Month. -2017.04.30 Yearly.
- Individuals, doctors, and community-based organizations address ways to prevent some of the nearly 20 million new sexually-transmitted diseases that occur in the U.S. annually. Frequency in ages 25-45 has doubled in the last decade.
- WAY too much great theater and comedy and dance to cover.
- Pickup Reader and NewCity and TimeOut magazines.
Hundreds of city locations.
MAP INFO SHARE