Events Week After Next
Fourteen Days Hence
- Southside Critical Mass. 1st Fridays All ages Free 5:45p UNCONFIRMED
- A fun, free, group bike ride.
facebook.com/SSCritMassNichols Park Plaza, 1300 E 55th St. At Kimbark.
MAP PHOTOS EVENTS INFO SHARE
- Tributosaurus. Monthly. 21+ $25 7p UNCONFIRMED
- "The Jurassic beast with multiple musical faces. A different band every month, featuring local music celebrities."
tributosaurus.comMartyrs', 773/404-9494, 3855 N Lincoln.
martyrslive.com MAP TICKETS FIND EVENTS INFO SHARE
- Group Skate. 1st/3rd Fridays 21+ Free 7:30p.
- Intermediate through advanced bladers come join the monthly group skate. Be able to skate some near traffic and do a distance of 10-12 miles. Helmet required, other protective gear and water recommended. Weather permitting.
ChicagoSkater.orgDaley Plaza, 50 W Washington. At Dearborn.
MAP PHOTOS FIND EVENTS INFO SHARE
- Cinco De Mayo. Spanish for May 5th. Celebrated loudly. Yearly.
- Not an independence day. Commemorates a major victory by the outnumbered and underarmed Mexican army, against the occupying French, on this day in 1862.
vivacincodemayo.orglaraza.com PHOTOS INFO SHARE
- * International Day of the Midwife (since 1992). Yearly.
- internationalmidwives.org/events/idotm SHARE
- *** Kids and Kites Fest (since 1999). Family event, education, expert demos. Yearly. All ages. Free. 10a-4p.
- Includes build it yourself tents for kids and massive show kites in the air.
chicagokite.com/madakiandkim.htmlMontrose Park, Montrose and Lake Shore Drive. Cricket Hill.
cityofchicago.org MAP PHOTOS EVENTS INFO SHARE
- Randolph Porter Museum / Big Marsh / ACME Plant Cycling Tour. $25 8a.
- Adventure Cycling Tours start from the former Pullman residence site then pedals to the Museum and Wheelworks Factory. With breaks and lunch -5pm, ~40 miles averaging <12mph.
bedno.com/fb/481304882264562The Spoke & Bird, 929/263-2473, 205 E 18th St.
spokeandbird.com MAP SHARE
- Polish Constitution Day Parade. Yearly. All ages. Free 11:30a UNCONFIRMED
- may3parade.orgDowntown. State, from Lake to Van Buren.
tinyurl.com/chiparades MAP PHOTOS EVENTS INFO SHARE
- Chicago Bike Polo. Sundays All ages. Free 3-?p UNCONFIRMED
- Pickup games in decommissioned tennis courts.
facebook.com/groups/311538882232633Garfield Park, S Central Park Blvd at W Monroe St.
chicagoparkdistrict.com MAP PHOTOS EVENTS INFO SHARE
- Madonnarama. 1st Sundays 21+ Free 10p-4a.
- All Madonna music and videos all night with DJ Riley York. Classics, rare tracks, remixes, etc.
Berlin, 773/348-4975, 954 W Belmont. Near Red line Belmont stop.
berlinchicago.com MAP PHOTOS FIND EVENTS INFO SHARE
- Monday Night Ride. Mondays All ages. Free 10p UNCONFIRMED
- Extraordinary long and late ride for the young and/or hearty. Leaves about 11pm, unplanned route may exceed 30miles from start point, dissipating near dawn.
facebook.com/MondayNightRideChicagoLincoln Monument, 1601 N Clark. Behind Chicago Historical Museum.
bedno.com/mnr MAP SHARE
- Harry Truman's Birthday. Yearly.
- Day to remember Harry S. Truman, the 33rd president of the U.S. (1945-1953), who presided during the Cold War and Korean War. Known for the New Deal economic policies. He was born in Lamar MO in 1884 and died on December 26th, 1972 in Kansas City MO.
whitehouse.gov/history/presidents/ht33.html INFO SHARE
- * National Teachers Day. 2nd Tuesday in May Yearly.
- Part of National Teachers Week, sponsored by the National Educators Association. Day to honor and be kind to teachers.
- V.E. Day. Yearly.
- Victory in Europe day. Commemorates Germany's surrender in World War II, 1945.