Events Week After Next
Fourteen Days Hence
Events week of Friday, October 6th, 2017
- Southside Critical Mass. 1st Fridays All ages Free 5:45p.
- A fun, free, group bike ride.
thechainlink.org/group/sscritmassNichols Park Plaza, 1300 E 55th St. At Kimbark.
MAP PHOTOS EVENTS INFO SHARE
- * Full Moon Fire Jam. Monthly. All ages. Free 7:30-10:15p.
- Gathering for fire spinners, fire jugglers, hoopers, breathers, etc. Practice, networking, and outstanding performances, with drum circle backing. Many hundreds of spectators attend.
fullmoonjam.org4960 N Simonds Dr Betwix Foster and Lawrence in grass near lake.
bedno.com/fullmoons MAP PHOTOS INFO SHARE
- * World Hoop Day. 1st Saturday in October Yearly. All ages. Free UNCONFIRMED
- Promoting the health and spiritual benefits of the perfect plaything.
hooping.org/world-hoop-daybedno.com/hooping PHOTOS SHARE
- Scream Scene Haunted House. Spooktacular! Fr/Sa -2017.10.28 Yearly. Not for ages under 10. $10 7-10p UNCONFIRMED
- Over 20 unique rooms. Not for the faint of heart.
screamscene.orgSkokie Park District, 847/674-1500 x0, 4701 Oakton, Skokie. At Water Playground.
skokieparkdistrict.org MAP PHOTOS EVENTS INFO SHARE
- Chicago Fire Anniversary. Yearly.
- Anniversary of the great fire in 1871 which destroyed 1/3 of the city. Observed as part of Fire Prevention Week.
chicagohs.org/firebedno.com/holidays INFO SHARE
- Double Ten Parade. Yearly. All ages. Free 12p UNCONFIRMED
- Celebrating Chinese Independence "National Day" (since 1911) with a parade of patriots, marching bands, floats, lion teams, giant Mystical Dragon, more.
tinyurl.com/chiparadesChinatown, 312/225-6198, Wentworth and Cermak. Continues from 22nd to 24th Street.
chicagochinatown.org MAP PHOTOS EVENTS INFO SHARE
- Canadian Thanksgiving. 2nd Monday in October Yearly.
- This holiday has had a variety of dates back to the late 1500's, and was set to its current date in 1957 by the Canadian government. Though it evolved independently, it's observance is now very similar to the U.S. Thanksgiving.
canada.combedno.com/holidays INFO SHARE
- * Indigenous Peoples' Day. 2nd Monday in October Yearly.
- Legal holiday. Formerly celebrated Columbus' landing at San Salvador in 1492.
wikipedia.org/wiki/Indigenous_Peoples_DayParade (since 1953) at 12:30p. On Columbus from Balbo to Monroe.
tinyurl.com/chiparades MAP INFO SHARE
- * Chicago Marathon (since 1977). Yearly. 7:30a UNCONFIRMED
- Nationally renowned 26.2 mile run, USATF/CARA certified, record breaking over 37K runners registered, and over 900K spectators expected! Carried live on TV.
312/904-9800 chicagomarathon.comGrant Park, 312/744-3370, Columbus and Balbo. Easy by train, bus, trolley, bike or blade.
MAP PHOTOS FIND EVENTS INFO SHARE
- Farmer's Day. Yearly.
- Created in 1915 to stimulate interest in agriculture.
usda.govbedno.com/holidays INFO SHARE