Events Week After Next
Fourteen Days Hence
- Critical Mass (since 1997). Last Fridays All ages Free 5:45p.
- THE monthly gathering of bicyclists making our presence known downtown. Unplanned route gently winds a dozen miles or more. Thousands attend in good weather. Includes music, hipsters, athletes, show bikes, so much more. Skaters welcome.
chi.bikeDaley Plaza, 773/486-4861, 50 W Washington. Under the Picasso (giant rusty bird), at Dearborn, SW of State&Lake train stop.
chicagocriticalmass.org MAP PHOTOS EVENTS INFO SHARE
- * B-Movie Fest (since 1983). All night. -Saturday Yearly. All ages. $10-20 ALWAYS SELLS OUT 24hrs Fr 6p through Sa 6p.
- Playing at least 20 B-Movies. Napping, food (even pizza delivery), drink (non-alc), and re-entrance allowed. "Like a big slumber party on the Satellite of Love". Modern comfortable theater, vending machines, 16 and 35mm prints.
b-fest.comMcCormick Auditorium, 847/491-2300, 1999 South Campus Drive, Evanston. Norris University Center, Northwestern University.
northwestern.edu/up/parking MAP PHOTOS INFO SHARE
- * Acrobatica Infiniti Circus. 4th Fridays 21+ $25-40 8p.
- Combining circus, cosplay, and genre fiction. Great performers, breathtaking acts. Showcasing new works and fan favorites from silly to sensual: fire eating, trapeze, straps, juggling, hooping, aerial ring, comedy, acrobatics and more!
aicircus.comUptown Underground, 773/867-1946, 4707 N Broadway.
uptownunderground.net MAP SHARE
- Grammy Awards (since 1959). Yearly. All ages. Free 7-10:15p.
- Dozens of contemporary music stars perform.
grammy.comWBBM / CBS. wbbm.com TIMES MAP PHOTOS INFO SHARE
- Franklin Delano Roosevelt's Birthday (1882-1945). Yearly.
- The 32nd president of the United States was born in New York to a wealthy family, and died in office. He held office for an unprecedented four terms, leading America through the great depression and World War II.
whitehouse.gov/history/presidents/fr32.html PHOTOS INFO SHARE
- * Blue Super Full "Snow" Moon Eclipse. 7:30a.
- Extra rare maximized combo of full moon properties. Closest to earth, full, second time in a month, completely eclipsed in our shadow.
earthsky.org/tonight/super-blue-moon-eclipse-on-january-31bedno.com/fullmoons PHOTOS INFO SHARE