Events Week After Next
Fourteen Days Hence
Events week of Friday, December 1st, 2017
- * AIDS awareness day. Yearly.
- Internationally recognized day for increasing public awareness about AIDS. The best defense is education.
aids.org INFO SHARE
- Day Without Art (since 1989). Commemorates Artists lost to AIDS. Yearly.
- Sometimes observed by local galleries/museums.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Day_Without_Art PHOTOS INFO SHARE
- HOLIDAY CLASSICS. -2018.01.03 Yearly. All ages. UNCONFIRMED
- * A Christmas Carol: 11.19-12.31 Goodman Theatre, 312/443-3800, 200 S Columbus, http://goodmantheatre.org
* The Nutcracker: 12.10-12.30 Joffrey Ballet, Auditorium Theatre, 312/431-2357, 50 E Congress, http://www.joffrey.com
* Christmas Around The World: 11.17-01.03 Dozens of spectacular International holiday decorated trees, Museum of Science and Industry, http://msichicago.org
* Zoolights: 11.25-01.01 Over a million lights, certain dates/times, Lincoln Park Zoo, http://lpzoo.com
PHOTOS INFO SHARE
- Winter Wonderfest (since 2001). -2018.01.08 Yearly. All ages. $10-25+ Hours vary. UNCONFIRMED
- Festival Hall is transformed into a wonderland of lush decorated trees, sparkling lights, wintertime decorations and a main town square with vending. Includes ice rink, inflatable slide/bungee games. Santa and elves listen to children's wishes in a mountain top village.
Navy Pier, 312/222-9328, 600 E Grand.
navypier.com MAP PHOTOS FIND EVENTS INFO SHARE
- Southside Critical Mass. 1st Fridays All ages Free 5:45p.
- A fun, free, group bike ride.
thechainlink.org/group/sscritmassNichols Park Plaza, 1300 E 55th St. At Kimbark.
MAP PHOTOS EVENTS INFO SHARE
- Tributosaurus. Monthly. 21+ $25 7p UNCONFIRMED
- "The Jurassic beast with multiple musical faces. A different band every month, featuring local music celebrities."
tributosaurus.comMartyrs', 773/404-9494, 3855 N Lincoln.
martyrslive.com MAP TICKETS FIND EVENTS INFO SHARE
- Britney Spears Birthday (since 1981). Yearly.
- britneyspears.com INFO SHARE
- * Santa Hustle 5K. Yearly. $45 9a UNCONFIRMED
- Several thousand registered. Before and after parties. Paid registration includes costume.
santahustle.comSoldier Field, 312/235-7000, 1410 S Museum Campus Dr.
soldierfield.net MAP TICKETS PHOTOS FIND EVENTS INFO SHARE
- * Toys For Tots motorcycle parade (since 1978). 1st Sunday in December Yearly. All ages. Bring a toy. 9:30a.
- World's largest, drawing over 20000 participants! Many biker Santas. Assembly begins hours earlier.
Dan Ryan Woods, 83rd and Western. Travels all the way North to Foster.
chicagolandtft.org MAP PHOTOS EVENTS INFO SHARE
- Full Moon (Cold). Always adds an interesting twist. 9:45a.
- bedno.com/fullmoonsalmanac.com PHOTOS INFO SHARE
- Renegade Craft Fair Holiday Sale (since 2006). Yearly. All ages. Free 11a-6p UNCONFIRMED
- Over 150 of today's finest indie-craft talents setting up for holiday shoppers sure to find something.
renegadecraft.com/fairs/chicago-2016-holidayBridgeport Arts Center, 773/247-3000, 1200 W. 35th St.
bridgeportart.com MAP SHARE
- Miracle On State Street (since 1999). Yearly. All ages. $40-65+ 7:30p UNCONFIRMED
- 101.9FM "The Mix" presents Charlie Puth, James Bay, and JoJo!
Chicago Theatre, 773/561-9500, 175 N State. Downtown.
thechicagotheatre.com MAP TICKETS PHOTOS FIND EVENTS INFO SHARE
- Madonnarama. 1st Sundays 21+ Free 10p-4a.
- All Madonna music and videos all night with DJ Riley York. Classics, rare tracks, remixes, etc.
Berlin, 773/348-4975, 954 W Belmont. Near Red line Belmont stop.
berlinchicago.com MAP PHOTOS FIND EVENTS INFO SHARE
- Movieoke (since 2008). 1st Wednesdays Occassionally. 21+ $? 9p UNCONFIRMED
- Read along to perform, over 200 scenes to choose from.
twitter.com/ChicagoMovieokeWhistler, 773/227-3530, 2421 N Milwaukee.
whistlerchicago.com MAP TICKETS FIND EVENTS INFO SHARE
- Pearl Harbor Day (since 1941). Yearly.
- Remembers Japanese surprise attack which brought the U.S. into WW II.