Events Week After Next
Fourteen Days Hence
Events week of Friday, June 9th, 2017
Other views: Terse Summary Calendar Style
- CoffeeFest. -Sunday Yearly. $$.
- Primarily an industry event.
coffeefest.comNavy Pier, 312/222-9328, 600 E Grand.
navypier.com MAP PHOTOS FIND EVENTS INFO SHARE
- Full Moon (Strawberry). Always adds an interesting twist. 8:15a.
- bedno.com/fullmoonsalmanac.com PHOTOS INFO SHARE
- Andersonville Midsommarfest (since 1966). Nice Swedish-ish neighborhood party. -Sunday Yearly. All ages. $5 (donation) 11a-10p.
- Dozens of vendors, ethnic food, assorted bands, pet parade, family activities come, in a great shopping area.
773/728-2995 starevents.comAndersonville, Clark from Foster to Balmorol.
andersonville.org MAP PHOTOS EVENTS INFO SHARE
- Pleasant Outdoor Concerts almost daily. -2017.09.17 Yearly.
- Sa 06.10: John Legend \ Gallant: Darkness and Light tour. PAV 7:30p
We 06.14: Pat Metheny. PAV 7:30p
Th 06.15: Seu Jorge: The Life Aquatic-A Tribute to David Bowie. PAV 8:00p
Fr 06.16: RSMI Jazz Grandstand. BGH 6:00p
Fr 06.16: Willie Nelson \ Lukas Nelson & Promise of the Real. PAV 7:30p
Sa 06.17: Alon Goldstein & Fine Arts Quartet: Mozart Concertos 23 & 24. BGH 6:00p
Sa 06.17: Aretha Franklin. PAV 8:30p
Su 06.18: La La Land in concert: The Oscar-winning score live with the film. PAV 8:00p
Mo 06.19: Sammy Hagar & The Circle \ Andrew Hagar. PAV 8:00p
Tu 06.20: Juilliard Quartet: Bartok Quartet 1; Beethoven Quartet 13. MT 7:30p
Fr 06.23: Gipsy Kings. PAV 8:00p
Sa 06.24: Common. PAV 7:30p
Su 06.25: Lea DeLaria of Orange is the New Black: An Evening of Comedy and Music. MT 7:30p
Tu 06.27: Michael McDonald \ Boz Scaggs. PAV 7:00p
We 06.28: Diana Krall. PAV 8:00p
Fr 06.30: The Moody Blues: Days of Future Passed 50th anniversary. PAV 8:00p.
Ravinia, 847/266-5100, 400 Iris Lane, Highland Pk. Served by Metra.
ravinia.org MAP PHOTOS EVENTS INFO SHARE
- Serve-a-thon (since 1994). 2nd Saturday in June Yearly.
- Chicago's largest day of community service. Volunteers spend the day painting, planting and making a difference at dozens of schools and agencies.
chicagocares.org INFO SHARE
- Old Town Art Fair (Since 1950). Jewelry, paintings, sculpture, food, bohemians. 2nd Saturday in June -Sunday Yearly. $0-6 10a-6p UNCONFIRMED
- oldtowntriangle.comOld Town Historic District, 312/337-1938, N Lincoln Ave At W Wisconsin St.
MAP PHOTOS EVENTS INFO SHARE
- Printers Row Lit Fest (since 1985). Five tented blocks of literati. -Sunday Yearly. All ages. Free. 10a-6p.
- Midwest's largest outdoor book festival. New, used and antiquarian goods from 170 vendors. Continuous signings by major authors. See site for details.
312/987-9896 chicagotribune.com/entertainment/books/printersrowlitfestDearborn and Congress to Polk.
MAP INFO SHARE
- Chicago Blues Festival (since 1984). 2nd Saturday in June -Sunday Yearly. All ages. Free 11a-9:30p UNCONFIRMED
- Over 750K expected. See site for detailed schedule.
chicagobluesfestival.usGrant Park, 312/744-3370. Red line Madison stop.
MAP PHOTOS EVENTS INFO SHARE
- **** World Naked Bike Ride (since 2004). 2nd Saturday in June Yearly. Gather after 6p, ride 8-11:30p.
- Massive bike (+skate) event celebrating freedom from oil and the beauty of people, held globally in dozens of cities. Chicago draws thousands of riders over a dozen miles sharing our joyful visions. Bare-as-you-dare from body paint to fanciful costumes to whimsy. Just be responsible.
CYCLISTS: Check-in to be announced.
Ridecasting on MassUp.us live day-of. @ChiNakedRide and #WNBRC on Twitter.
PHOTOS INFO SHARE
- King Kamehameha Day. Yearly.
- Commemorates the victories of Kamehameha I (1758-1819) of Hawaii. He and his descendants united and ruled the Hawaiian Islands until their annexation by the United States in 1898.
hawaii.gov INFO SHARE
- National Children's Day. 2nd Sunday in June Yearly. UNCONFIRMED
- Day to honor and be kind to children. Proclaimed by President Clinton in 1997 "As we observe National Children's Day this year, let us recommit ourselves to creating a society where parents can raise healthy, happy children; where every newborn is cherished, where every child is encouraged to succeed, and where all our young people are free to pursue their dreams."
wikipedia.org/wiki/Children's_Daybedno.com/holidays INFO SHARE
- Wells Street Art Festival (since 1975). Over 250 fine artists, food, music. Yearly. $0-5 10a-10p UNCONFIRMED
- See site for band schedule.
chicagoevents.com773/868-3010, Wells between North and Division.
MAP PHOTOS INFO SHARE
- New Fox cartoons. Sundays All ages. Free 6:30p UNCONFIRMED
- May include Simpsons, Family Guy, Bob's Burgers, Son of Zorn, more.
thesimpsons.comFOX. fox.com TIMES MAP PHOTOS INFO SHARE
- Millennium Park Movies. Tuesdays All ages. Free 6:30p.
- 06.13: The Blues Brothers.
bedno.com/movies/parks?pritzJay Pritzker Pavilion, 312/742-1168, 55 N Michigan. Millennium Park, Downtown.
millenniumpark.org MAP SHARE
- Flag Day. Yearly.
- Commemorates 1777 adoption by Continental Congress of the Stars and Stripes.
flagnet.com INFO SHARE
- Mayor's Bicycle Advisory Council Meeting. (MBAC). All ages. Free 3-4:30p.
- Representatives from various gov't orgs present to invited representatives from local cycling interests about legislation, safety and planning for about 90 minutes once about every 90 days.
City Hall, 121 N. LaSalle St. Room 1103.
chicagocompletestreets.org MAP SHARE
- * Grant Park Music Festival (since 1935). -2017.08.20 Yearly. All ages. Free Various We/Fr/Sa 6:30p UNCONFIRMED
- World-class orchestra, chorus and conductors, and an outstanding roster of local and international guest artists perform classical.
312/742-7638 grantparkmusicfestival.comGrant Park, Columbus Drive and Jackson Boulevard. Train, bus or cab.
MAP PHOTOS EVENTS INFO SHARE
- Drum&Bass night. 3rd Thursdays 21+ Free 10p-4a UNCONFIRMED
- SmartBar, 773/549-0203, 3730 N Clark. Near Red Line Addison stop.
smartbarchicago.com/tickets MAP TICKETS PHOTOS FIND EVENTS INFO SHARE