Standard disclaimers, conditions, terms, limits, etc.
This site is owned, operated, published, and administrated by Andrew Bedno, herein referred to as "Creator".
Bedno.com Creator, as well as service providers and all associated persons and businesses accepts NO liability whatsoever for any damages either direct or consequential resulting from any use of any information found on this system. All information is presented absolutely AS IS, strictly without warranty as to accuracy or appropriateness to age or local standards.
User information such as email addresses are NOT redistributed or sold in any way under normal circumstances. User information is used solely internally by Creator or authorized editorial representatives for emailings of newsletters and special bulletins, and other database functions. This site may cause browser programs to store "cookies" on local PCs. This is a standard technique used only to enhance the site's functionality and to tailor the site to individual preferences. This information is encrypted, and is not accessible to any other web sites. All terms in preceding sections shall also apply where not contradictory.
Bedno.com primary site content such as photos, event listings, and email newsletters are kept to about a U.S. P.G. rating. No adult language or nudity or violence, but some mature topics. Bedno.com endeavors to not post overtly sexual or adult language and images, however some content may be un-moderated and not be appropriate for all ages. If you are under about 17 you probably should use this site only with a adult such as parent, guardian, or educator.
PHOTO USAGE REQUIREMENTS:
- Bedno.com uses PayPal - The world leader in online payment processing. This provides you maximum privacy (your credit card info remains secret and all forms are secure), maximum convenience (accepts ALL card types as well as direct withdrawals and is web phone accessible), and maximum security (24/7 customer service and easy dispute resolution).
- Terms: All sales are final and refunds are limited ONLY to repair or replacement of damaged or defective merchandise. Extensive product details are provided online, and purchase shall confirm full understanding of the nature and quality of the product.
- Shipping: Physical merchandise is shipped promptly by First Class U.S. Mail only. There are no other shipping options. Though delivery within days is common, allow at least a week or more for delivery.
- No foreign orders: Due to high rates for shipping, handling, tariffs and losses sales are LIMITED STRICTLY to addresses within the contiguous continental 48 United States.
- Variations: Colors, styles, and packaging may differ from illustrations shown.
- Questions: In case of questions and problems contact support.
To use a Bedno.com/ChicagoFunNews.com photo you must credit in some way and perform certain other steps as necessary:
TECHNICAL NOTES about FIND:
- Use the full resolution zoomed version of the photo which includes a (c)Andrew@Bedno.com watermark in the top left corner. You may reduce or crop somewhat so long as the notice remains clearly readable.
- If you must crop, resize or alter the image such that the (c) become illegible, include a text credit such as "Photo courtesy of Bedno.com". In online use this credit must link to Bedno.com
- Extremely high volume sites may copy photo files to your server, others may simply directly source the Bedno.com URL in image tags.
- For print or other high resolution cases contact support about getting the original source image, which is slightly sharper and without watermark.
- If you want to link to a particular album or photo, please contact me in advance about an exact URL for best results.
- Tell me later exactly where we may see a photo used, for my portfolio.
All searches support a few additional advanced features, which for the sake of clarity to basic users, are not
mentioned in the brief instructions on search pages.
COMMON CONTACT QUESTIONS:
- Keywords should be space separated, and long enough to be fairly unique and specific. Start with one word, add more to refine.
- Though it is already the default (space separated), one may separate keywords with " AND " or a plus "+" sign to explicitly require matching ALL keywords.
- Separate keywords with " or " or a minus "-" sign to match
any records containing ANY of the keywords.
- Case is always ignored, only numbers and letters are considered. There is no wildcard or regular expression handling.
- Search keywords under three characters are ignored, and certain common three letter words as well.
- Exact or approximate date filters may be specified in searches in simple YYYY[MM[DD]] format. For example specify a year, and add month and day digits for refinement.
- To force an exact match on a whole or partial target use underscore(s) "_" in the keyword(s). For example "aura" matches "Restaurants" and "Laura" and more, but "_aura_" only matches "Aura" (whole word matching). Similarly "seminar_" (leading delimiter) will not match "Seminary".
- Websites URLs in content are indexed, even if not visible (in hrefs). In cases where content is hyperlinked its more effective to search by domain name, rather than general words.
- Results are sorted in various internally determined ways, but generally are chronological from most current first.
- Results may be limited to a maximum number of matches, varying by section. There is no paging. Use search refinements or filters to limit the results.
- One may link directly to a search result from offsite using a combinations of URL arguments. For example a link which always gives future events at a specific location, or photos of a specific performer. For the best URL contact support.
- LISTING YOUR EVENT:
See full details here.
- NEWSLETTER SUBSCRIPTIONS:
Following our move to Yahoo Groups for newsletter and other mailings, ALL SUBSCRIPTION QUESTIONS GO THERE! If you're receiving the newsletter, it's because you subscribed and confirmed. Use the Yahoo Groups procedures included in every mailing to manage your membership.
If you've joined but are not getting the newsletter, you may be erroneously blocked by overly aggressive filters. Certain ISPs (such as AOL), some businesses, and most public computer users probably cannot receive our newsletter (and many other types of mailings), and may need to use a different email address. In some cases it may simply be going to your junk folder. Try there, and if found click your THIS IS NOT SPAM button. If you're not sure you're getting the mailings it's perfectly safe to simply signup again.
- TO ASK ABOUT a PLACE or EVENT or PHOTO or HISTORY ...
Use the FIND feature, and call them yourself. There's nothing more I can do.
Join the mailing list to receive the renowned weekly newsletter covering local events.
Simply enter your email in the JOIN form at the top of every page and click JOIN. Follow the instructions Yahoo will then give you to be added to the Newsletter mailing list.
PLEASE submit your kind words to appear on on the KUDOS page for all to see!
Due to various conditions such as current workload, volume of messages received, errors in reply email/phone, spam blockers, and Andrew's frothy nature, it is not uncommon to receive no reply to contact submissions not directly related to income.