All Ages Events
Terse Calendar All
- Fun Bands at the Beer Garden nightly. All ages. Free UNCONFIRMED
- navypier.org/explore/live-entertainment/live-musicNavy Pier, 312/595-7437 (PIER), 600 E Grand. Miller Beer Garden at the Tip.
navypier.com MAP PHOTOS FIND EVENTS INFO SHARE
- Chi Hack Night. Tuesdays All ages. Free 6-10p UNCONFIRMED
- "Volunteers create web apps with open data to improve transparency, efficiency, and decision-making for governments and our democracy."
chihacknight.org1871, 222 W. Merchandise Mart Plaza. 12th Floor.
1871.com MAP SHARE
- Millennium Park Movies. Tuesdays All ages. Free 6:30p UNCONFIRMED
- bedno.com/movies/parks?pritzJay Pritzker Pavilion, 312/742-1168, 55 N Michigan. Millennium Park, Downtown.
millenniumpark.org MAP SHARE
- Fly-By-Night Circus. Monthly. All ages. $8-15 8p UNCONFIRMED
- "Tremendously conglomerated monthly spectacle of impeccable wonderment for your pleasure. Acrobats, aerialists, physical comedy, magicians, wire walkers, more."
MSA, 773/687-8840, 1934 N Campbell Ave.
msacircusarts.com MAP SHARE
- South Park NEW EPISODE. Wednesdays All ages. Free 9p UNCONFIRMED
- 22nd season.
southparkstudios.comCOM. On cable.
comedycentral.com TIMES MAP INFO SHARE
- **** ANDREW'S BIRTHDAY (since 1961). Yearly.
- The prodigious brilliance behind this system and much more turns a year wiser. SCORPIOS RULE!!!
bedno.com/andrewfacebook.com/AndrewBedno INFO SHARE
- College of Complexes (since 1951). "The Playground for People Who Think" Saturdays All ages. $3? 2.5hrs 6-11p UNCONFIRMED
- Structured Weekly Free Speech Forum With Quality Lecturers and Good American Food And Bar.
312/326-2120 collegeofcomplexes.orgDappers East Restaurant, 773/509-9100, 2901 W. Addison.
facebook.com/Dappers-Restaurant-East-111805538856448 MAP PHOTOS EVENTS INFO SHARE
- Leonid Meteor Shower. Yearly. 4a-7a UNCONFIRMED
- Peaks near dawn.
earthsky.org/tonight INFO SHARE
- Collected Holiday Songs, Recipes and Stories. -2019.12.29 Yearly. All ages. Free.
- Check out this terrific comprehensive set of popular holiday songs, recipes and stories.
bedno.com/winter PHOTOS INFO SHARE
- HOLIDAY CLASSICS. -2020.01.03 Yearly. All ages. UNCONFIRMED
- * A Christmas Carol: 11.18-12.31 Goodman Theatre, 312/443-3800, 200 S Columbus, http://goodmantheatre.org
* The Nutcracker: 12.01-12.30 Joffrey Ballet, Auditorium Theatre, 312/431-2357, 50 E Congress, http://www.joffrey.com
* Christmas Around The World: 11.17-01.07 Dozens of spectacular International holiday decorated trees, Museum of Science and Industry, http://msichicago.org
* Zoolights: 11.24-01.07 Over a million lights, certain dates/times, Lincoln Park Zoo, http://lpzoo.com
PHOTOS INFO SHARE
- Ice Skating. -2020.02.27 Yearly. UNCONFIRMED
- Weather permitting: Wrigley Field, 773-388-8260; Millennium Park, 312/742-5222, 55 N Michigan; Warren Park, 773/262-8656, 6601 N Western; Riis Park, 312/746-5735, 6100 W Fullerton; Daley Plaza, 312/742-7650, 337 E Randolph; more...
chicagoparkdistrict.com/facilities/ice-rinks PHOTOS INFO SHARE
- Wolff's Flea Market (since 1991). Sundays All ages. $1 Most weeks. 6a-3p UNCONFIRMED
- 500 market spaces. Clean, comprehensive, entertaining, with free parking, food and restrooms.
847/524-9590 wolffs.comAllstate Arena, 847/635-6601, 6920 Mannheim Rd, Rosemont.
allstatearena.com MAP TICKETS PHOTOS EVENTS INFO SHARE
- Christkindlmarket (since 1997). Festive German style holiday market. -2019.12.24 Yearly. All ages. Free Su-Th -8p, Fr+Sa -9p 11a UNCONFIRMED
- 50 Timber cabins, ethnic foods, fine crafted gifts, music, sweets.
christkindlmarket.comDaley Plaza, 312/744-3370, 50 W Washington. Washington and Dearborn.
cityofchicago.org MAP PHOTOS EVENTS INFO SHARE
- Magnificent Mile Lights Festival (since 1992). Treats, ice carvings, Disney. Yearly. All ages. Free Fr 4p, Sa 11a-7p UNCONFIRMED
- Festivities all day. Evening finale includes parade, activation of a million holiday lights on Michigan Avenue, and some fireworks. Sometimes crowded.
themagnificentmile.comMichigan from Oak to Wacker, 312/642-3570.
MAP PHOTOS FIND EVENTS INFO SHARE
- Vintage Garage. 3rd Sundays $? 11a-6p UNCONFIRMED
- 100 vintage and antique dealers.
847/579-9079 vintagegaragechicago.com5051 N Broadway Uptown between Foster and Argyle.
- Model Rocket Launching (since 1963). 3rd Sundays All ages. Free 2-5p UNCONFIRMED
- Deeply validates geekness. All skill levels. BYOL (Bring Your Own Launcher). Northern Illinois Rocketry Association hosted. Held away from population centers, only a few launches a year.
nirarocketry.orgEast Branch Forest Preserve, Off Glen Ellyn Road near Army Trail Road, Glendale Heights. Use I-355.
MAP PHOTOS EVENTS INFO SHARE
- Chicago Bike Polo. Sundays All ages. Free 3-?p UNCONFIRMED
- Pickup games in decommissioned tennis courts.
facebook.com/groups/311538882232633Garfield Park, S Central Park Blvd at W Monroe St.
chicagoparkdistrict.com MAP PHOTOS EVENTS INFO SHARE
- * City Holiday Tree Lighting (since 1914). The mayor does his thing! Music, etc. Yearly. All ages. Free 5p UNCONFIRMED
- Uses 40 Wisconsin Balsam Firs, 80 foot tall, 10000 lights, 1000 bows, 1000 ornaments.
choosechicago.com/event/Tree-Lighting-Ceremony/19987Millennium Park, 312/742-1168, 55 N Michigan. Downtown.
millenniumpark.org MAP PHOTOS EVENTS INFO SHARE
- New Fox cartoons. Sundays All ages. Free 6p UNCONFIRMED
- May include Simpsons, Family Guy, Bob's Burgers, Last Man on Earth, more.
thesimpsons.comFOX. fox.com TIMES MAP PHOTOS INFO SHARE
- Chicago Toy and Game Fair (since 2003). -Sunday Yearly. All ages. $5-10, uniformed scouts free. 10a-6p UNCONFIRMED
- Public non-hobby show, with product introductions, demos, seminars, play tables, contests, most vendors selling.
chitag.comNavy Pier, 312/595-7437 (PIER), 600 E Grand. Grand Red line stop then take free trolley.
navypier.com MAP PHOTOS FIND EVENTS INFO SHARE
- Holiday Train. -2019.12.22 Yearly. Wk 3-7p, Sa 1-8p UNCONFIRMED
- transitchicago.com/holidaytrain SHARE
- My mom the attorney would want me to remind you that no Bedno accepts any liability whatsoever for your use of any information presented here, as-is, at your own risk, ad infinitum, etc etc.
- Great American Smokeout (since 1977). 3rd Thursday in November Yearly.
- Promoted by the American Cancer Society. Quit smoking, at least for the day.
877-YES-QUIT cancer.org PHOTOS INFO SHARE
- Sing-a-long Sound of Music. -2019.12.03 Yearly. ~$15 Eight showings. UNCONFIRMED
- The classic film, subtitled, with costume contest. Usually sells out.
Music Box Theatre, 773/871-6604, 3733 N Southport.
musicboxtheatre.com MAP TICKETS PHOTOS INFO SHARE
- Start of Sagittarius. Astrological sign, the archer. Yearly.
- astrology.com INFO SHARE
- * Buy Nothing Day (since 1992). International celebration of consumer awareness and simple living. Yearly. Day after Thanksgiving. UNCONFIRMED
- Very real global day of protest against the corporate brainwashing which leads to the un-sustainable Western hyper-consumerist culture. Includes anti-commercials and events at the world's largest malls. Intentionally occurs on the biggest shopping day of the year. See the website for more info.
adbusters.org/bnd FIND INFO SHARE
- Now playing.
- The Happy Prince, Heavy Trip, A Star Is Born, Venom, Little Women, Night School, Fahrenheit 11/9, Colette, House with Clock in Walls, Hal, The Predator, The Happytime Murders, The Wife, Juliet Naked, Alpha, Christopher Robin, The Spy Who Dumped Me, Mission Impossible: Fallout, Teen Titans Go!, Generation Wealth, Shock and Awe, Skyscraper, Ant-Man and the Wasp, Sorry to Bother You, ...
bedno.com/movies TIMES MAP INFO SHARE
- WAY too much great theater and comedy and dance to cover.
- Pickup Reader and NewCity and TimeOut magazines.
Hundreds of city locations.
MAP INFO SHARE