Terse Calendar All
- SuperSprint and Kids Triathlon (since 1983). Yearly. $$ Races start 7a UNCONFIRMED
- Thousands expected. Cash prizes. May sell out. Big parties after.
chicagosupersprint.comLakefront at Foster.
caprievents.com MAP PHOTOS EVENTS INFO SHARE
- Chicago Bike Polo. Sundays All ages. Free 3-?p UNCONFIRMED
- Pickup games in decommissioned tennis courts.
facebook.com/groups/311538882232633Garfield Park, S Central Park Blvd at W Monroe St.
chicagoparkdistrict.com MAP PHOTOS EVENTS INFO SHARE
- Monday Night Ride. Mondays All ages. Free 10p UNCONFIRMED
- Extraordinary long and late ride for the young and/or hearty. Leaves about 11pm, unplanned route may exceed 30miles from start point, dissipating near dawn.
facebook.com/MondayNightRideChicagoLincoln Monument, 1601 N Clark. Behind Chicago Historical Museum.
bedno.com/mnr MAP SHARE
- Critical Mass (since 1997). Last Fridays All ages Free 5:45p.
- THE monthly gathering of bicyclists making our presence known downtown. Unplanned route gently winds a dozen miles or more. Thousands attend in good weather. Includes music, hipsters, athletes, show bikes, so much more. Skaters welcome.
Bedno.com/bikeDaley Plaza, 773/486-4861, 50 W Washington. Under the Picasso (giant rusty bird), at Dearborn, SW of State&Lake train stop.
chicagocriticalmass.org MAP PHOTOS EVENTS INFO SHARE
- Group Skate. Fridays 21+ Free 7:30p UNCONFIRMED
- Intermediate through advanced bladers come join the monthly group skate. Be able to skate some near traffic and do a distance of 10-12 miles. Helmet required, other protective gear and water recommended. Weather permitting.
Bedno.com/skateDaley Plaza, 50 W Washington. At Dearborn.
MAP PHOTOS FIND EVENTS INFO SHARE
- AIDS Run/Walk 5K (since 1990). Yearly. Register -8:30a. 10a UNCONFIRMED
- Midwest's largest such pledged event, many thousands expected.
312/922-2322 aidsrunwalk.orgSoldier Field, 312/235-7000, 1410 S Museum Campus Dr.
soldierfield.net MAP TICKETS PHOTOS FIND EVENTS INFO SHARE
- Southside Critical Mass. 1st Fridays All ages Free 5:45p UNCONFIRMED
- A fun, free, group bike ride.
facebook.com/SSCritMassNichols Park Plaza, 1300 E 55th St. At Kimbark.
MAP PHOTOS EVENTS INFO SHARE
- Ride for AIDS (since 2004). Yearly. UNCONFIRMED
- Two-day 200-mile bicycling event raises money for TPAN and Community Partners. Leaves early Saturday to Michigan, returns late Sunday to a party.
- * "Streets Alive" (since 2013). Yearly. All ages. Free 1-5p UNCONFIRMED
- A mile of main street is closed to cars for free family fun, community and bike events, food trucks, activities, bands, etc. "An open street initiative that temporarily transforms traffic-choked streets into urban oases."
evanstonstreetsalive.orgMain Street, From Florence to Chicago Ave, Evanston.
- * North Shore Century ride (since 1985). Yearly. All ages. $17-25 6a-7p UNCONFIRMED
- Evanston Bike Club "incredibly scenic biking... tranquil tree-lined streets... refreshing lake breezes." Uses cue sheets and painted street markings. Five distance options from 25-100 miles.
evanstonbikeclub.org/nscDawes Park, 1700 Sheridan Road.