Events Three Weeks Out
Twenty One Days Hence
Events week of Friday, August 11th, 2017
Terse Summary Calendar Style
- Bud Billiken Day Parade (since 1929). On ABC&WGN, w/ mayor. 2nd Saturday in August Yearly. All ages. Free 2.5hr 10a UNCONFIRMED
- Dozens of floats, marching bands and drill teams. One of the city's largest parades.
budbillikenparade.orgWashington Park, King Drive from 39th to 55th.
tinyurl.com/chiparades MAP PHOTOS EVENTS INFO SHARE
- Northalsted Market Days (since 1982). Big crowded boystown fest. -Sunday Yearly. $? 11a-10p.
- Over 400 vendors, 25 entertainers, bands at three stages, food from 55 restaurants, six city blocks, 17 entrances, 250K expected. Minimal clothing. Good blading on closed streets after closing.
Boystown, 773/868-3010, Belmont and Halsted. Runs North to Addison. Easy train access.
northalsted.com MAP PHOTOS FIND EVENTS INFO SHARE
- Retro on Roscoe (since 1995). -Sunday Yearly. All ages. $5 (donation) 12-10p UNCONFIRMED
- Antique cars, handmade crafts, retro music, kids activities, plenty of food, chilli cookoff, dozens of bands at three stages.
773/665-4682 starevents.comRoscoe from Damen to Hamilton
- Perseid meteorite shower peak day. -Thursday Yearly. 12a.
- Look south and up somewhere dark after midnight. Hard to see in the city. Go camping.
earthsky.org/tonight INFO SHARE