Events Three Weeks Out
Twenty One Days Hence
- Candlemas. Yearly.
- Commemorates the presentation of Jesus in the Temple. Observed in northern Europe much like groundhog day. In some areas it marks the beginning of spring planting. This day is used for the consecration of church candles for the year.
christianity.about.com PHOTOS INFO SHARE
- Groundhogs Day (since 1888). Yearly.
- According to Punxsutawney PA folklore, the groundhog (woodchuck) emerges from hibernation on this day. If sunny and the groundhog sees his shadow, legend holds that there will be six more weeks of winter. A cloudy day signals an early spring. Observed at the Brookfield Zoo Children's area.
groundhogsday.com INFO SHARE
- Southside Critical Mass. 1st Fridays All ages Free 5:45p.
- A fun, free, group bike ride.
thechainlink.org/group/sscritmassNichols Park Plaza, 1300 E 55th St. At Kimbark.
MAP PHOTOS EVENTS INFO SHARE
- * Winter Bike Swap. Yearly. All ages. $5-20 11a-4p UNCONFIRMED
- Dozens of vendors and presenters.
bedno.com/fb/729603413882882Jaks Tap Restaurant Bar, 312/666-1700, 901 W Jackson.
jakstap.com MAP SHARE
- Madonnarama. 1st Sundays 21+ Free 10p-4a.
- All Madonna music and videos all night with DJ Riley York. Classics, rare tracks, remixes, etc.
Berlin, 773/348-4975, 954 W Belmont. Near Red line Belmont stop.
berlinchicago.com MAP PHOTOS FIND EVENTS INFO SHARE
- * Chinese New Years Parade. Yearly. All ages. Free 1p UNCONFIRMED
- 100' Dragon dances, Miss Chinatown, gifts, fireworks, etc.
cityofchicago.org/city/en/depts/dca/supp_info/neighborhood_parades.htmlChinatown, 312/255-0303, Wentworth and Cermak. Continues South to 24th Street.
chicagochinatown.org MAP PHOTOS EVENTS INFO SHARE
- Superbowl (since 1967). Yearly. 5-9p UNCONFIRMED
- Preshow from 12:30p. Over 130 MegaViewers expected.
superbowl.com PHOTOS INFO SHARE
- Movieoke (since 2008). 1st Wednesdays Occassionally. 21+ $? 9p UNCONFIRMED
- Read along to perform, over 200 scenes to choose from.
twitter.com/ChicagoMovieokeWhistler, 773/227-3530, 2421 N Milwaukee.
whistlerchicago.com MAP TICKETS FIND EVENTS INFO SHARE
- "In One Ear" (since 1988). Poetry Open Mic. Wednesdays 18+ $3 10p-?a.
- "2nd Longest Running Open-Mic In Chicago!"
facebook.com/In-One-Ear-210844945622380Heartland Cafe, 773/465-8005, 7000 N Glenwood. Near Red Line Morse stop.
heartlandcafe.com MAP INFO SHARE