Events This Week
Next Seven Days
- Sketch Comedy Fest (since 2002). -2018.01.21 Yearly. Several shows daily.
- Nation's Largest, over 100 performances featuring local, national, Canadian sketch comedy troupes on four stages. "Sketch comedy is as Chicago as deep-dish pizza and the Sears Tower. Unlike its cousin improvisation, sketch comedy is scripted. Strong writing is a vital element of the art form, which usually consists of short, satirical and funny vignettes. Although elements of improvisation are often used in creating sketches, the resulting performance is scripted, rather than made up on the spot."
chicagosketchfest.comStage 773, 773/327-5252, 1225 W Belmont. Near Racine.
stage773.com MAP PHOTOS EVENTS INFO SHARE
- Start of Aquarius. Yearly.
- Astrological sign, the water bearer.
astrology.com INFO SHARE
- Polar Bear Plunge (since 2001). Yearly. 11a-2p.
- Supports various charities.
lakeviewpolarbearclub.comOak Street Beach, 1000 N Lake Shore Dr.
MAP PHOTOS EVENTS INFO SHARE
- ** Women's March Chicago. All ages. Free 11a-1p.
- "March to the Polls" Local observance of national phenomenon.
bedno.com/fb/1125978860870077302 S Columbus Dr At East Jackson Drive.
womensmarch.com MAP SHARE
- College of Complexes (since 1951). "The Playground for People Who Think" Saturdays All ages. $3? 2.5hrs 6-11p.
- Structured Weekly Free Speech Forum With Quality Lecturers and Good American Food And Bar.
01.20: The Moon Landing Hoax: The Mother of All Lies.
312/326-2120 collegeofcomplexes.orgDappers East Restaurant, 773/509-9100, 2901 W. Addison.
facebook.com/Dappers-Restaurant-East-111805538856448 MAP PHOTOS EVENTS INFO SHARE
- Black Veil Brides. All ages. $40+ 6:30p.
- W/ Asking Alexandria.
blackveilbrides.netRiviera Theatre, 312/275-6800, 4746 N Racine.
rivieratheatre.com MAP TICKETS PHOTOS FIND EVENTS INFO SHARE
- Big Head Todd & The Monsters. -Saturday 18+ $40-70+ 2 nites 8p.
- bigheadtodd.comVic Theatre, 773/472-0449, 3145 N Sheffield.
victheatre.com MAP TICKETS PHOTOS FIND EVENTS INFO SHARE
- Think Floyd. 18+ $20+ 8p.
- "The Ultimate Pink Floyd Tribute"
thinkfloyd.netPark West, 773/929-1322, 322 W Armitage.
parkwestchicago.com MAP TICKETS FIND EVENTS INFO SHARE
- "Twisted" Saturdays 21+ $0 -11p, $5 -1a, $7+ 9:30p-5a.
- "Meet and mingle with a truly diverse crowd. Dress up or dress down... this is the place to be what you want to be!"
Berlin, 773/348-4975, 954 W Belmont. Near Red line Belmont stop.
berlinchicago.com MAP PHOTOS FIND EVENTS INFO SHARE
- Kiss Kiss Cabaret (since 2011). Saturdays 18+ $27-47 10p.
- A wild mix of hilarious hosts, quirky musicians, incredible variety performers and beautiful burlesque beauties. Catch the up-close magic show at 7:30p.
kisskisscabaret.comUptown Underground, 773/867-1946, 4707 N Broadway.
uptownunderground.net MAP SHARE
- The Gold Web. 21+ Free 10p-1a.
- Hyperglam album release show.
facebook.com/thegoldwebEmporium Barcade (Wicker), 773/360-8774, 1366 N Milwaukee Ave.
emporiumchicago.com MAP SHARE
- Vaudezilla! Saturdays 18+ $20 10:30p.
- One-of-a-kind burlesque, drag, and aerial acts ranging from classic Vegas-style showgirls to cutting-edge gender-non-conforming performance artists.
Vaudezilla.comStage 773, 773/327-5252, 1225 W. Belmont. Near Racine.
stage773.com MAP INFO SHARE
- Vintage Garage. 3rd Sundays $? 11a-6p.
- 100 vintage and antique dealers.
847/579-9079 vintagegaragechicago.com5051 N Broadway Uptown between Foster and Argyle.
- Sunday MASSive. Ages? $? 2p-1a.
- All day drum&bass: 2pm Mark Matras, 3pm Eddie Riot, 4pm Subverb, 5pm Audiophlex, 6pm Mr. Bobby, 7pm Intel
8pm Dj Pickle, 9pm Midway, 10pm Echodroides, 11pm Los Marafackas, 12am Rees Urban.
bedno.com/fb/144604296246839Innjoy, 773/394-2066, 2015 W Division.
innjoychicago.com MAP SHARE
- Star Trek: Discovery. Sundays All ages. Free 7p.
- New series first season continues.
startrek.comCBS Streaming Only?!?
cbs.com TIMES MAP SHARE
- "Adult Swim" Sundays All ages. Free 10p-12a.
- Extraordinary block of popular and leading-edge absurdist cartoonage.
adultswim.comTOON. On cable.
cartoonnetwork.com TIMES MAP INFO SHARE
- Big Suit. 21+ $20-30 7:30p.
- Talking Heads tribute.
City Winery, 312-733-WINE, 1200 W Randolph.
citywinery.com/chicago MAP SHARE
- Pron and Chicken Dance Party. Mondays 21+ $? 10p-?a.
- "A safe haven for all things lewd & crude, lascivious & licentious."
01.22: Quinceanera Banger.
facebook.com/PnCDjsThe Mid, 312/265-3990, 306 North Halsted.
themidchicago.com MAP SHARE
- Chi Hack Night. Tuesdays All ages. Free 6-10p.
- "Volunteers create web apps with open data to improve transparency, efficiency, and decision-making for governments and our democracy."
chihacknight.org1871, 222 W. Merchandise Mart Plaza. 12th Floor.
1871.com MAP SHARE
- Proper Drum&Bass. Tuesdays 21+ $0-15 9p-2a.
- 01.23: DJs Intel // Subverb.
facebook.com/properchicagodrumandbassDebonair Social Club, 773/227-7990, 1575 N Milwaukee. At North and Damen.
debonairsocialclub.com MAP PHOTOS SHARE
- "In One Ear" (since 1988). Poetry Open Mic. Wednesdays 18+ $3 10p-?a.
- "2nd Longest Running Open-Mic In Chicago!"
facebook.com/In-One-Ear-210844945622380Heartland Cafe, 773/465-8005, 7000 N Glenwood. Near Red Line Morse stop.
heartlandcafe.com MAP INFO SHARE
- Atomic Sketch Event (since 2008). Live Art. Last Thursdays 21+ Free 6-10p.
- Established and emerging artists of various disciplines display, create and sell original new works at bargain prices. Drop-in artists welcome.
facebook.com/atomicsketchGreen Eye Lounge, 773/227-8851, 2403 W. Homer St. Near Blue Line Western.
greeneyelounge.com MAP PHOTOS EVENTS INFO SHARE
- Tedeschi Trucks Band. -Saturday $$ 3 nites 7:30p.
- tedeschitrucksband.comChicago Theatre, 773/561-9500, 175 N State. Downtown.
thechicagotheatre.com MAP TICKETS PHOTOS FIND EVENTS INFO SHARE
- Michelle L'Amour's show. Thursdays 21+ Free 8p-2a.
- Weekly nite of vaudevillians, burlesque and extreme acts.
facebook.com/UnbridledatUntitledUntitled, 312/880-1511, 111 W. Kinzie.
untitledchicago.com MAP SHARE
- Critical Mass (since 1997). Last Fridays All ages Free 5:45p.
- THE monthly gathering of bicyclists making our presence known downtown. Unplanned route gently winds a dozen miles or more. Thousands attend in good weather. Includes music, hipsters, athletes, show bikes, so much more. Skaters welcome.
chi.bikeDaley Plaza, 773/486-4861, 50 W Washington. Under the Picasso (giant rusty bird), at Dearborn, SW of State&Lake train stop.
chicagocriticalmass.org MAP PHOTOS EVENTS INFO SHARE
- * B-Movie Fest (since 1983). All night. -Saturday Yearly. All ages. $10-20 ALWAYS SELLS OUT 24hrs Fr 6p through Sa 6p.
- Playing at least 20 B-Movies. Napping, food (even pizza delivery), drink (non-alc), and re-entrance allowed. "Like a big slumber party on the Satellite of Love". Modern comfortable theater, vending machines, 16 and 35mm prints.
b-fest.comMcCormick Auditorium, 847/491-2300, 1999 South Campus Drive, Evanston. Norris University Center, Northwestern University.
northwestern.edu/up/parking MAP PHOTOS INFO SHARE
- * Acrobatica Infiniti Circus. 4th Fridays 21+ $25-40 8p.
- Combining circus, cosplay, and genre fiction. Great performers, breathtaking acts. Showcasing new works and fan favorites from silly to sensual: fire eating, trapeze, straps, juggling, hooping, aerial ring, comedy, acrobatics and more!
aicircus.comUptown Underground, 773/867-1946, 4707 N Broadway.
uptownunderground.net MAP SHARE
- My mom the attorney would want me to remind you that no Bedno accepts any liability whatsoever for your use of any information presented here, as-is, at your own risk, ad infinitum, etc etc.
- Ice Skating. -2018.02.28 Yearly.
- Weather permitting: Wrigley Field, 773-388-8260; Millennium Park, 312/742-5222, 55 N Michigan; Warren Park, 773/262-8656, 6601 N Western; Riis Park, 312/746-5735, 6100 W Fullerton; Daley Plaza, 312/742-7650, 337 E Randolph; more...
chicagoparkdistrict.com/facilities/ice-rinks PHOTOS INFO SHARE
- Now playing.
- Downsizing, Father Figures, Jumanji, Pitch Perfect 3, The Greatest Showman, The Post, Last Jedi, Permanent, The Disaster Artist, The Shape of Water, ...
bedno.com/movies TIMES MAP INFO SHARE
- Rhinoceros Theater Festival (since 1989). -2018.02.25 Yearly. $15+ Various days and times.
- Showcase of experimental new plays.
rhinofest.comProp Theatre, 773/267-0666, 3502 N Elston.
curioustheatrebranch.com MAP PHOTOS EVENTS INFO SHARE
- WAY too much great theater and comedy and dance to cover.
- Pickup Reader and NewCity and TimeOut magazines.
Hundreds of city locations.
MAP INFO SHARE
- "Between the Seams" -2018.02.10 Th+Fr -6p, Sa+Su 12-4p.
- Show of textile related artworks.
Woman Made Gallery, 312/738-0400, 2150 S Canalport.
womanmade.org MAP PHOTOS EVENTS INFO SHARE
- * Nocturna (since 1988). THE Electro/Goth gathering. Monthly. 18+ $10+ 11:30p-5a UNCONFIRMED
- DJ Scary Lady Sarah spinning goth, darkwave, dark indie, deathrock, industrial, new wave, electro, ... Nicely decorated, often a special guest and giveaways. A tight but welcoming community of several hundred intriguing individuals. With GlitterGuts photobooth!
facebook.com/groups/15090361526Metro, 773/549-0203, 3730 N Clark. Near Red Line Addison stop.
metrochicago.com/shows MAP TICKETS PHOTOS FIND EVENTS INFO SHARE