Events This Week
Next Seven Days
- Bears Home Games. -2018.12.16 All ages. $$.
- ChicagoBears.comSoldier Field, 312/235-7000, 1410 S Museum Campus Dr.
soldierfield.net/event MAP TICKETS PHOTOS FIND EVENTS INFO SHARE
- Collected Holiday Songs, Recipes and Stories. -2018.12.29 Yearly. All ages. Free.
- Check out this terrific comprehensive set of popular holiday songs, recipes and stories.
bedno.com/winter PHOTOS INFO SHARE
- HOLIDAY CLASSICS. -2019.01.03 Yearly. All ages. UNCONFIRMED
- * A Christmas Carol: 11.18-12.31 Goodman Theatre, 312/443-3800, 200 S Columbus, http://goodmantheatre.org
* The Nutcracker: 12.01-12.30 Joffrey Ballet, Auditorium Theatre, 312/431-2357, 50 E Congress, http://www.joffrey.com
* Christmas Around The World: 11.17-01.07 Dozens of spectacular International holiday decorated trees, Museum of Science and Industry, http://msichicago.org
* Zoolights: 11.24-01.07 Over a million lights, certain dates/times, Lincoln Park Zoo, http://lpzoo.com
PHOTOS INFO SHARE
- Ice Skating. -2019.02.27 Yearly. UNCONFIRMED
- Weather permitting: Wrigley Field, 773-388-8260; Millennium Park, 312/742-5222, 55 N Michigan; Warren Park, 773/262-8656, 6601 N Western; Riis Park, 312/746-5735, 6100 W Fullerton; Daley Plaza, 312/742-7650, 337 E Randolph; more...
chicagoparkdistrict.com/facilities/ice-rinks PHOTOS INFO SHARE
- Christkindlmarket (since 1997). Festive German style holiday market. -2018.12.24 Yearly. All ages. Free Su-Th -8p, Fr+Sa -9p 11a.
- 50 Timber cabins, ethnic foods, fine crafted gifts, music, sweets.
christkindlmarket.comDaley Plaza, 312/744-3370, 50 W Washington. Washington and Dearborn.
cityofchicago.org MAP PHOTOS EVENTS INFO SHARE
- Magnificent Mile Lights Festival (since 1992). Treats, ice carvings, Disney. -Sunday Yearly. All ages. Free Fr 4p, Sa 11a-7p UNCONFIRMED
- Festivities all day. Evening finale includes parade, activation of a million holiday lights on Michigan Avenue, and some fireworks. Sometimes crowded.
themagnificentmile.comMichigan from Oak to Wacker, 312/642-3570.
MAP PHOTOS FIND EVENTS INFO SHARE
- QUILT + RESIST. -2018.12.01 Th+Fr -6p, Sa+Su 12-4p.
- The herstory of quilts: art, politics, storytelling.
Woman Made Gallery, 312/738-0400, 2150 S Canalport.
womanmade.org MAP PHOTOS EVENTS INFO SHARE
- * City Holiday Tree Lighting (since 1914). The mayor does his thing! Music, etc. Yearly. All ages. Free 5p UNCONFIRMED
- Uses 40 Wisconsin Balsam Firs, 80 foot tall, 10000 lights, 1000 bows, 1000 ornaments.
choosechicago.com/event/Tree-Lighting-Ceremony/19987Millennium Park, 312/742-1168, 55 N Michigan. Downtown.
millenniumpark.org MAP PHOTOS EVENTS INFO SHARE
- College of Complexes (since 1951). "The Playground for People Who Think" Saturdays All ages. $3? 2.5hrs 6-11p.
- Structured Weekly Free Speech Forum With Quality Lecturers and Good American Food And Bar.
11.17: Making Meaning by Interpreting Paintings.
312/326-2120 collegeofcomplexes.orgDappers East Restaurant, 773/509-9100, 2901 W. Addison.
facebook.com/Dappers-Restaurant-East-111805538856448 MAP PHOTOS EVENTS INFO SHARE
- "Twisted" Saturdays 21+ $0 -11p, $5 -1a, $7+ 9:30p-5a.
- "Meet and mingle with a truly diverse crowd. Dress up or dress down... this is the place to be what you want to be!"
Berlin, 773/348-4975, 954 W Belmont. Near Red line Belmont stop.
berlinchicago.com MAP PHOTOS FIND EVENTS INFO SHARE
- Vaudezilla! Saturdays 18+ $20 10:30p UNCONFIRMED
- One-of-a-kind burlesque, drag, and aerial acts ranging from classic Vegas-style showgirls to cutting-edge gender-non-conforming performance artists.
Vaudezilla.comStage 773, 773/327-5252, 1225 W. Belmont. Near Racine.
stage773.com MAP INFO SHARE
- Chicago Toy and Game Fair (since 2003). Yearly. All ages. $5-10, uniformed scouts free. 10a-6p UNCONFIRMED
- Public non-hobby show, with product introductions, demos, seminars, play tables, contests, most vendors selling.
chitag.comNavy Pier, 312/595-7437 (PIER), 600 E Grand. Grand Red line stop then take free trolley.
navypier.com MAP PHOTOS FIND EVENTS INFO SHARE
- Vintage Garage. 3rd Sundays $? 11a-6p UNCONFIRMED
- 100 vintage and antique dealers.
847/579-9079 vintagegaragechicago.com5051 N Broadway Uptown between Foster and Argyle.
- Holiday Train. -2018.12.22 Yearly. Wk 3-7p, Sa 1-8p UNCONFIRMED
- transitchicago.com/holidaytrain SHARE
- Model Rocket Launching (since 1963). 3rd Sundays All ages. Free 2-5p.
- Deeply validates geekness. All skill levels. BYOL (Bring Your Own Launcher). Northern Illinois Rocketry Association hosted. Held away from population centers, only a few launches a year.
nirarocketry.orgEast Branch Forest Preserve, Off Glen Ellyn Road near Army Trail Road, Glendale Heights. Use I-355.
MAP PHOTOS EVENTS INFO SHARE
- New Fox cartoons. Sundays All ages. Free 6p UNCONFIRMED
- May include Simpsons, Family Guy, Bob's Burgers, Last Man on Earth, more.
thesimpsons.comFOX. fox.com TIMES MAP PHOTOS INFO SHARE
- Chi Hack Night. Tuesdays All ages. Free 6-10p UNCONFIRMED
- "Volunteers create web apps with open data to improve transparency, efficiency, and decision-making for governments and our democracy."
chihacknight.org1871, 222 W. Merchandise Mart Plaza. 12th Floor.
1871.com MAP SHARE
- Sing-a-long Sound of Music. -2018.12.03 Yearly. ~$15 Eight showings. UNCONFIRMED
- The classic film, subtitled, with costume contest. Usually sells out.
Music Box Theatre, 773/871-6604, 3733 N Southport.
musicboxtheatre.com MAP TICKETS PHOTOS INFO SHARE
- South Park NEW EPISODE. Wednesdays All ages. Free 9p UNCONFIRMED
- 22nd season.
southparkstudios.comCOM. On cable.
comedycentral.com TIMES MAP INFO SHARE
- "In One Ear" (since 1988). Poetry Open Mic. Wednesdays 18+ $3 10p-?a.
- "2nd Longest Running Open-Mic In Chicago!"
facebook.com/In-One-Ear-210844945622380Heartland Cafe, 773/465-8005, 7000 N Glenwood. Near Red Line Morse stop.
heartlandcafe.com MAP INFO SHARE
- Start of Sagittarius. Astrological sign, the archer. Yearly.
- astrology.com INFO SHARE
- ** Thanksgiving. A legal holiday. 4th Thursday in November Yearly.
- Day to give thanks for the blessings and bounty one has received. Volunteer somewhere.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thanksgiving INFO SHARE
- * State Street Thanksgiving Parade (since 1934). Very big, w/ Santa. 4th Thursday in November Yearly. All ages. Free 8a-11a UNCONFIRMED
- Top marching bands, 100 giant balloons, carried live on WGN, 300K attend.
chicagofestivals.orgState from Congress to Randolph. Downtown, come by train.
MAP INFO SHARE
- Full "Beaver" Moon. Always adds an interesting twist. 11:30p.
- bedno.com/fullmoonsalmanac.com PHOTOS INFO SHARE
- * Buy Nothing Day (since 1992). International celebration of consumer awareness and simple living. Yearly. Day after Thanksgiving.
- Very real global day of protest against the corporate brainwashing which leads to the un-sustainable Western hyper-consumerist culture. Includes anti-commercials and events at the world's largest malls. Intentionally occurs on the biggest shopping day of the year. See the website for more info.
adbusters.org/bnd FIND INFO SHARE
- My mom the attorney would want me to remind you that no Bedno accepts any liability whatsoever for your use of any information presented here, as-is, at your own risk, ad infinitum, etc etc.
- Now playing.
- The Happy Prince, Heavy Trip, A Star Is Born, Venom, Little Women, Night School, Fahrenheit 11/9, Colette, House with Clock in Walls, Hal, The Predator, The Happytime Murders, The Wife, Juliet Naked, Alpha, Christopher Robin, The Spy Who Dumped Me, Mission Impossible: Fallout, Teen Titans Go!, Generation Wealth, Shock and Awe, Skyscraper, Ant-Man and the Wasp, Sorry to Bother You, ...
bedno.com/movies TIMES MAP INFO SHARE
- WAY too much great theater and comedy and dance to cover.
- Pickup Reader and NewCity and TimeOut magazines.
Hundreds of city locations.
MAP INFO SHARE